Visiting Medical Students Elective Rotations
Elective rotations available to visiting students:
- Cardiology – 4 weeks
- Emergency Medicine (4th year only) – 4 weeks
- Gastroenterology–4 weeks
- General Internal Medicine–4 weeks
- General Surgery–4 weeks
- Hematology/Oncology–2 or 4 weeks
- Nephrology–4 weeks
- Neurology–2 or 4 weeks
- Pathology–2 or 4 weeks
- Pulmonary Medicine–4 weeks
- Units/Critical Care (4th year only)–4 weeks
- Vascular Surgery–2 or 4 weeks
- Verify your school is affiliated with Ascension Genesys Hospital on the list below (contact Sharon.Topolinski@ascension.org if it is not).
- Submit an online request. The request is only for elective rotations - this will not be considered for an audition rotation. VSLO will NOT be used for elective requests. You must submit a request via the website. You will be contacted as soon as possible. Elective rotations are accepted starting November 30, 2020 until March31, 2021 for elective rotations starting from January 4, 2020 (depending if the rotation has completed audition rotations) until April 26, 2021(depending upon when audition rotations begin for the program).
- The rotation will be scheduled based upon availability. Once you receive your rotation confirmation after scheduling, you must contact your school to provide the required documentation listed below. All communication regarding the rotation will be done by email.
- If you are using our housing, you must return the housing agreement located below. Payment for housing may be brought to orientation.
- If you are on the waitlist for housing and have not heard anything prior to a week before the start, you will be contacted with the community housing available.
- The week prior to the rotation, you will begin receiving emails from the UME Manager re: documents and orientation times, directions.
- Certain rotations have required reading prior to starting the rotation. This will be emailed to you the week before.
- The first day of the rotation, you will be scheduled for orientation, a tour of the hospital and computer training. Depending upon the number of students, it should take approximately 3 hours.
- On your last day of the rotation, you are required to complete a checkout sheet and return your badge, housing keys, and scrubs to the scrub return machine.