Auditioning Visiting Students
Ascension Genesys will be opening to accept audition rotation requests on March 1. Applications are ONLY for the 2022 match. If you apply prior to the start date your application will not be considered. Ascension Genesys Hospital will be using VSLO for students of all schools who participate with VSLO. If your school does not participate, please apply for an audition rotation using the Website application system. All fields on the website application are MANDATORY unless otherwise noted. Not answering a field will result in a delay in processing your application. The VISA question pertains to needing a visa for residency not the rotation and is a mandatory field. Board Scores are also a mandatory field as some programs have a board score cutoff and n/a is not an acceptable answer. If you did not complete one of the exams please answer 00. All communication regarding rotations will be done by email. Please do not email for an update before 4 weeks. For students who meet the programs criteria, some programs will be scheduling in order of submission and some programs will be reviewing applications and selecting who will rotate. This application does not guarantee a rotation.
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiology for IM
- Gastroenterology for IM
- Hematology/Oncology for IM
- Nephrology for IM
- Pulmonary Medicine for IM
- Units/Critical Care (4th year only) for IM
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery for General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Verify your school is affiliated with Ascension Genesys Hospital on the list below (contact Sharon.Topolinski@ascension.org if it is not).
- Submit an online request.
- You must meet the criteria specified by each program in order to be considered for a rotation - no exceptions. If documents are required prior to scheduling, such as transcripts, they must be submitted to the UME Manager. You will receive an email notifying you of what is required.
- The rotation will be scheduled based upon availability and your meeting the programs criteria. Once your rotation is confirmed, you will be sent an email with instructions regarding the required paperwork that must be submitted prior to your rotation.
- If you are using Ascension Genesys housing, you must complete the housing agreement you will be directed to in New Innovations. Payment for housing may be brought to orientation.
- If you are on the waitlist for housing and have not heard anything prior to a couple weeks before the start, you will be contacted with the community housing available.
- The week prior to the rotation, you will begin receiving emails from the UME Manager re: documents and orientation times, directions. The required documents you summitted will not be reviewed until the week prior to the start of the rotation due to the volume of rotators.
- Certain rotations have required reading prior to starting the rotation. The week before the start of the rotation you will be directed to the reading..
- The first day of the rotation, you will be scheduled for orientation, a tour of the hospital and computer training. Depending upon the number of students, it should take approximately 3 hours.
- On your last day of the rotation, you are required to complete a checkout sheet and return your badge (both sides), housing keys, have paid for housing and return scrubs to the scrub return machine.
List of Affiliated Medical Schools:
|Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|All Saints University|
|American Global University of Medicine|
|American Univ of Antigua COM-Kasturba|
|American University of Integrated Sciences (AUIS)-St. Maarten SOM|
|American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine|
|Arkansas Colleges of Health Education|
|Avalon University School of Medicine|
|Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine|
|Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University|
|Caribbean Medical University|
|Central Michigan University College of Medicine|
|Des Moines University|
|Fielding Graduate University|
|Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences|
|Kent State University|
|Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Lake Erie COM-Erie and Bradenton Campuses|
|Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk COM|
|Loyola University of Chicago|
|Marian University - College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Medical University of the Americas|
|Michigan School of Psychology|
|Midwestern University - AZCOM and CCOM|
|MSU College of Human Medicine|
|Michigan State Univery - COM|
|New York College of Podiatric Medicine|
|New York Institute of Technology|
|Northeast Ohio Medical University|
|NOVA Southeastern University-COM|
|Ohio University/Heritage COM|
|Oklahoma State University|
|Pacific Northwest Univ of Health Sciences-COM|
|Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine-Georgia Campus|
|Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science|
|Ross University School of Medicine|
|Saba University School of Medicine|
|St. George's University|
|St. James School of Medicine|
|St. Matthew's University School of Medicine|
|Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine|
|Touro University COM/New York|
|Touro University COM-California|
|Touro University Nevada COM|
|Trinity Medical Sciences University|
|Univeristy of Medicine and Health Sciences, St. Kitts|
|University of New England COM|
|University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth|
|University of Pikesville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Virginia (Edward Via) COM|
|Washington State Univ COM|
|West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Western University College of Podiatric Medicine|
|Western University of Health Sciences|
|William Carey University/COM|
|Windsor University School Of Medicine|