Audition Requests will not be accepted before JANUARY 28, 2019 and ONLY for the 2020 match. If you apply prior to January 28th your application will not be considered. Please check back by the second week in January to see if Ascension Genesys will be using VSLO and the Website application system for schools not participating in VSLO for Audition rotation requests or if only the website application will be utilized. All fields on the application are MANDATORY unless otherwise noted. Not answering a mandatory field will result in a delay in processing your application. Board Scores are a mandatory field as some programs have a board score cutoff and n/a is not an acceptable answer. All communication regarding rotations will be done by email.
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Units/Critical Care (4th year only)
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Below is an outline of what to expect during the scheduling process:
- Verify your school is affiliated with Ascension Genesys Hospital on the list below (contact Sharon.Topolinski@ascension.org if it is not).
- Submit an online request.
- As soon as the program criteria is determined, you will be contacted first come/first serve starting in February. You must
meet the criteria specified by each program in order to be considered for a rotation - no exceptions.
If documents are required prior to scheduling, such as transcripts, they must be submitted to the UME Manager.
- The rotation will be scheduled based upon availability. Once you receive your rotation confirmation
after scheduling, you must contact your school to provide the required documentation listed below.
- If you are using Ascension Genesys housing, you must return the housing agreement located below. Payment for
housing may be brought to orientation.
- If you are on the waitlist for housing and have not heard anything prior to a couple weeks before the start, you will be contacted with the
community housing available.
- The week prior to the rotation, you will begin receiving emails from the UME Manager re: documents and orientation times, directions. The required documents you submit will not be reviewed until the week prior to the start of the rotation.
- Certain rotations have required reading prior to starting the rotation. Please see below for the reading.
- The first day of the rotation, you will be scheduled for orientation and a tour of the hospital. Depending upon the number of students, it
should take approximately 3 hours.
- On your last day of the rotation, you are required to complete a checkout sheet and return your badge (both sides), housing
keys, and scrubs to the scrub return machine.