About Ascension Genesys Hospital and the Department of Pharmacy
Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art community teaching hospital and level 2 trauma center in Grand Blanc, Michigan. Our location is conveniently situated within driving distance of Ann Arbor, metro Detroit, Brighton, Lansing, and Flint. The hospital is part of a regionally integrated health care delivery system comprised of a complete continuum of care. Ascension Genesys Hospital provides services to Genesee, Shiawassee, Lapeer, Oakland, Livingston, and Tuscola counties. As a Catholic health ministry and member of Ascension Health, our health system strives to integrate excellence in clinical care with spiritually-centered, holistic care.
The pharmacy department at Ascension Genesys Hospital aims to optimize the medication therapy and associated outcomes for each of our patients we care for. Utilizing a decentralized pharmacy practice model, our pharmacists are well positioned to integrate with the health care team on patient care units and serve as a resource for nurses, physicians, and other health care providers alike. Clinical pharmacy services offered to our patients include the following:
- Anticoagulant dosing
- Pharmacokinetic antibiotic dosing
- Interdisciplinary rounding services
- Cardiac arrest/code blue emergency response
- Protocol-driven initiatives (e.g., renal dosing, IV to PO, therapeutic interchange)
- Transitions of care optimization
Concerning centralized pharmacy services, our professional staff members are supported by technical staff members who aid in medication dispensing, preparation, and delivery. Additionally, our department thoughtfully uses automated processes and technology to enhance workflow and productivity.
Mission and Values of Ascension Health
- Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually-centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
- We envision a strong, vibrant Catholic health ministry in the United States which will lead to the transformation of healthcare. We will ensure service that is committed to health and well-being for our communities and that responds to the needs of individuals throughout the life cycle. We will expand the role of laity, in both leadership and sponsorship, to ensure a Catholic health ministry in the future.
- Service of the poor: Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence: Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity: Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom: Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity: Courageous innovation
- Dedication: Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry