Applying to the Program
Residency applications will be only be accepted and reviewed via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service.) The deadline to submit a completed application is November 1, 2020.
The Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program accepts three residents per year. The interview date for applicants applying to the 2021-2022 residency class is scheduled for Saturday, November 21, 2020. We only offer one interview date. It's highly recommended that you complete an audition rotation as a medical student if possible.
The following items are required for your application to be considered complete:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) formerly known as the Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation from recent supervising physicians
- COMLEX 1 and 2 transcripts and/or
- USMLE transcripts(Step 1-required, Step 2-preferred)
All COMLEX and USMLE exams must be passed on the first attempt
- Our program does not accept international graduates and we do not sponsor Visas
- Candidates must be within two years of graduation from medical school
Candidates must recognize that physicians matriculating into the Ascension Genesys Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program will be expected to:
- Satisfactorily complete all of their medical school’s requirements culminating in graduation from medical school in good standing
- Provide proof of graduation from medical school
- Provide a valid ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- Be eligible for a training license as a resident physician in the State of Michigan
- Must be able to assume all responsibilities of training by July 1. All appointees must report for orientation the last two weeks in June.