BLS Instructor Course
All face to face Courses have been cancelled through May 31, 2020 and will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize that we cannot provide these classes at the current time, but the health and safety of our providers, associates, patients, and communities is our top priority. The AHA is extending AHA Course Completion Cards for 120 days beyond their recommended renewal date, beginning with cards that expire in March 2020. We will offer extra courses in June, July, August to accommodate for the cancelled courses.
BLS Instructor Courses are offered throughout the year at Genesys EMS Education in Grand Blanc, MI.
Enrollment for all BLS Instructor Courses require online registration. Phone, fax or mail registration not accepted!
The BLS Instructor Candidate must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a current BLS Provider card and be proficient in all skills
- Purchase their own BLS Instructor materials
- BLS Instructor course materials can be purchased at: https://shopcpr.heart.org
- A Community Training Center (CTC) must accept the new instructor before enrolling in the instructor program
- May be with a different CTC than Ascension Genesys Hospital
- Successfully complete the online BLS Instructor Essentials course
- BLS Instructor Essentials courses are located at https://shopcpr.heart.org/bls-instructor-essentials-online