Advanced Stroke Life Support
Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS) Courses are offered regularly throughout the year at Genesys Regional Medical Center
in Grand Blanc, MI.
All course materials will be mailed promptly after registrations are processed!
Enrollment for ALL ASLS Courses require online registration Phone, fax or mail registrations are not accepted!
Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke; the stroke results in a death every 3.3 minutes. Globally, stroke
is the second leading cause of death and the leading cause of disability. Emergency treatments to limit the risk of disability
are available but must be administered within a brief window of time. Thus, it is vital that emergency medical services
(EMS) personnel recognize, stabilize, and transport a stroke patient with a new sense of urgency and medical centers
handle these patients on an emergency basis that includes developing acute stroke teams and forming networks with other
medical centers to enable rapid evaluation and treatment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Advanced Stroke Life Support ® is a practical, hands-on, 8-hour course that:
- Was developed by experts in stroke, emergency medicine, prehospital care, and nursing education
- Is updated and improved continuously
- Has been used to train thousands of EMS personnel, nurses, and physicians from hundreds of institutions across the U.S. and throughout the world
- Provides a unique neurologic assessment tool-the MEND exam-ideal for both prehospital and hospital use
- Satisfies the educational requirements for Joint Commission-certified stroke centers